Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm A Total Egg Slut




Uttered by my personal food hero Anthony Bourdain, my wife and I are enchanted by the simple yet complex nature of the egg. Morning, noon, or night, I can always whip up something...sandwiches, hash, seared duck breasts, and it is enhanced with an easy over egg on top. Nothing beats a beautifully cooked egg with that runny yolk contributing it's flavor, texture, and vitamins to your food.

Today's breakfast inspired me to write because Meg decided to make banana bread. The hour baking time wait with those sweet yet savory smells made us say, "Gotta make something to hold us over".

Get some leftover ham cold cuts, brown em nice and good with a quality olive oil, add some scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese (the sharpness of the cheddar cuts the richness of the eggs), I also add the simple ingredient of "Season All". Cook the scrambled eggs to your liking(we prefer a little bit undercooked as we abhor dry eggs...yechhh)...

On your plate...Cheesy Scrambled Ham and Eggs...it's incredible, edible, it's the Egg...

And they're not just for eating...last weekend my parents and I dyed Easter Eggs. Dad and I upped the ante with shots of Makers Mark and Beer to supplement the experience. The results were damn creative as we etched sketches of "Happy Easter", the police call box from my mom and dad's favorite Sci Fi show "Dr. Who" (fell asleep mid way through that show, still don't understand the appeal), and my favorite, "Hope =Crap" (my dad's distaste for Obama is more than palpable).

Point is, I love being part of a dynamic and wildly hand gesturing life loving Swedish/Irish family who makes some kind of excuse every day to celebrate life.

No comments:

Post a Comment